Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AssociationEnd not found

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maluslupus

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: AssociationEnd not found Reply with quote

Hey,
I coded a Java project and I want to create an UML class diagram from it. So I used the "reverse engineering" function of eUML2 (free edition, most recent version according to Update Manager, Eclipse 3.3.2 Europa), but there are several mysterios effects:
- After doing the reverse engineering and creating a fresh class diagram, not all classes are shown in the popup window which are located in the (default package). Especially the ones which are derivated from a superclass. Is this a bug or a feature? Of course, I insert them manually, but this is annoying?
- I use a self-made class with generics, but the JDK 1.5 features are grayed out (the first time they were clickable but a message showed up that they were not enabled, is the free edition limited in this way?). The compliant level is 6.0 (default workspace property), is this correct?
- Now I inserted the missing classes and changed the propertys so that all attributes are displayed. The class diagram seems to be correct and I save it. So, after reopening it eUML2 complains that it can't find some AssociationEnd's, exactly the ones where generics are used.

Any help or tips how to debug these effects is appreciated, if you want to see the code, I can upload the whole project somewhere (of course, eUML2 made some changes in the source...)

Thanks for a reply
Andreas
Antoine
soyatec

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andreas,

Quote:
- After doing the reverse engineering and creating a fresh class diagram, not all classes are shown in the popup window which are located in the (default package). Especially the ones which are derivated from a superclass. Is this a bug or a feature? Of course, I insert them manually, but this is annoying?

This wreid behaviour is a bug, it will be fixed asap.

Quote:
- I use a self-made class with generics, but the JDK 1.5 features are grayed out (the first time they were clickable but a message showed up that they were not enabled, is the free edition limited in this way?). The compliant level is 6.0 (default workspace property), is this correct?

You need to enable the jdk 1.5 features, the activation is explained in this documentation page.

Quote:
- Now I inserted the missing classes and changed the propertys so that all attributes are displayed. The class diagram seems to be correct and I save it. So, after reopening it eUML2 complains that it can't find some AssociationEnd's, exactly the ones where generics are used.

I was unable to reproduce this issue. I guess it will be solved by enabling the jdk 1.5 features.

Best regards,
Antoine
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: