Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reverse engineering One-to-One and Many-to-One associations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jani

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reverse engineering One-to-One and Many-to-One associations Reply with quote

Thank you for the tool, it is great.

I have a question related to reverse-engineering the code to class diagrams.

One-to-One and Many-to-One associations between my classes are shown only as private attributes. I would like them to show up as arrows between the classes too, to improve readability. I noticed that it is possible, when I look at the screenshots. How do I configure this ?
Antoine
soyatec

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jani,

Depending on your context, you can show your associations in several ways:
- in an existing diagram containing the source or target classifier (or both), select the classifer, open the popup menu, in the group labelled 'Associations' you will see all the detected association.
- you can use a 'Class association explorer' from the package explorer, look for the group 'Open UML' on the package or classifier popup menus.

By the way, you can set up an existing diagram to show automatically associations (and/or generalizations and/or dependencies) when adding new classifers on it. Open your diagram, click on the 'properties' item from the diagram popup menu and have a look to the tab labelled 'Wire Automation'.

Best regards,
Antoine
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Feature discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: